Account Manager SMB
Janek Performance Group is a fast-growing training and consulting provider with a strong list of clients that works with businesses and individuals to improve their sales performance through innovative solutions.
The Account Manager SMB will engage in sales activities by both growing relationships in their portfolio of accounts as well as working with new clients to create initial interest and win sales opportunities. He/she will have a keen understanding of Janek Performance Group’s product offerings, and the ability to close training and consulting deals in the small to mid-sized business segment across a variety of industries.
- Grow revenue & relationships within a portfolio of existing Janek client accounts.
- Develop and execute account plans for the top accounts within their portfolio.
- Engage in sales related dialogue with decision-makers in order to uncover the organizations “true” needs in regards to various sales performance related topics.
- Meet all activity and performance goals in accordance with strategic sales & marketing plans.
- Input, track, and manage all prospecting and sales activities through Salesforce.com and other sales/marketing technology.
- Develop targeted presentations and proposals in response to client needs.
- Gain product and market knowledge to effectively communicate the benefits of Janek’s products & services to prospects and to determine the appropriate recommendations & project scope.
- Act as a bridge between Marketing and Sales. Be cognizant of each marketing initiative and work toward corporate objectives.
Required Experience / Qualifications
- Ability to comprehend the full suite of Janek’s offerings and clearly communicate the value proposition and business case to both prospects & existing customers.
- 3+ years related work experience in consultative B to B sales, business development, or equivalent combination of education and sales experience selling intangible products/services.
- Must interact effectively with all levels of management and staff, internally and externally.
- Experience in managing a portfolio of accounts and growing relationships.
- Experience in lead nurturing, lead generation, and closing sales.
- Experience working in a sales position for a training and/or management consulting provider preferred.
- Experience working on a Learning & Development team preferred.
- Must have strong business acumen and the ability to quickly decipher sales performance gaps/opportunities and how services can support customer’s needs/objectives.
- Must have experience effectively selling services to upper-level Sales, HR and/or C-Level executives.
- Superior written and verbal communications skills with the ability to promote an open exchange of ideas and information.
- Must have strong time management skills especially in allocating and prioritizing time in relation to sales activities.
- Must have strong influencing skills and the ability to encourage a decision to purchase.
- Ability to develop a comprehensive knowledge of products and potential sales applications.
- Must have an understanding of sales CRM and its uses, experience with Salesforce.com is preferred. Experience with Hubspot is preferred.
- Well versed in Microsoft Office software including; Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook, as well as experience with online meeting presentation software such as Webex or GoToMeeting.
- Strong knowledge of sales training and/or certifications in competitive sales training methodologies is preferred.
Compensation package includes:
- Salary: $50,000 base salary and unlimited performance-based commissions.
- OTE (On-Target Earnings) Year 1: $85,000+, Year 2: $100,000+.
- Complete medical, dental and vision benefits including paid vacation/holidays, retirement benefits with company match.
- Job Type: Full-time
Please do not reply if you do not have the required experience. To be considered for this position, please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Account Manager SMB.”