Inside Sales Representative SMB
Janek Performance Group is a fast-growing training and consulting provider with a strong list of clients that works with businesses and individuals to improve their sales performance through innovative solutions.
The Inside Sales Representative SMB will engage in sales activities by both developing new prospects and working with existing customers in order to create initial interest and win sales opportunities. In addition, the Inside Sales Representative will qualify incoming leads and set appointments for the other sales team members, as needed. He/she will have a keen understanding of Janek Performance Group’s product offerings, and the ability to close both public workshop and private training deals in the small to mid-sized business segment across a variety of industries.
- Qualify all sales leads and allocate as appropriate.
- Engage in business related dialogue with influencers and decision-makers in order to uncover the organizations “true” sales training needs.
- Manage enrollments and fill occupancy for Janek’s network of sales training public workshops nationwide.
- Meet all activity and performance goals in accordance with sales & marketing plans.
- Input, track, and manage all prospecting and sales activities through Salesforce.com and other sales/marketing technology.
- Develop proposals in response to client needs.
- Gain product and market knowledge to effectively communicate the benefits of Janek’s products & services to prospects and to determine the appropriate recommendations.
- Act as a bridge between Marketing and Sales. Be cognizant of each marketing initiative and work toward corporate objectives.
Required Experience / Qualifications
- Ability to comprehend the core suite of Janek’s sales training offerings and clearly communicate the value proposition and business case to both prospects & existing customers.
- 1+ years related work experience in consultative B to B sales, business development, or equivalent combination of education and sales experience selling intangible products/services.
- Must interact effectively with sales & HR management and staff, internally and externally.
- Experience in lead nurturing, lead generation, and closing sales.
- Experience working in a sales position for a training and/or management consulting provider preferred.
- Experience working on a Learning & Development team preferred.
- Must have reasonable business acumen and the ability to quickly decipher sales performance gaps/opportunities and how services can support customer’s needs/objectives.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with the ability to promote an open exchange of ideas and information.
- Must have strong time management skills especially in allocating and prioritizing time in relation to sales activities.
- Must have strong influencing skills and the ability to encourage a decision to purchase.
- Ability to develop a comprehensive knowledge of products and potential sales applications.
- Experience with Salesforce.com or other sales CRM is preferred.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office software including; Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook, as well as experience with online meeting presentation software such as Webex or GoToMeeting is preferred
- Knowledge of sales training and/or certifications in competitive sales training methodologies is preferred.
Generous compensation package includes:
- Salary: $35,000 – $40,000 base salary and unlimited performance-based commissions
- OTE (On-Target Earnings) Year 1: $65,000.
- Complete medical and dental benefits including paid vacation/holidays, retirement benefits with company match.
- Job Type: Full-time
This position may be considered as an entry point toward a career path in enterprise-level sales. To be considered for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Inside Sales Representative SMB”